All Houses Dream In Blueprints – Simon Pinkas

All Houses Dream In Blueprints is an interactive mixtape set in a loosely recreated version of the studio I lived-in between 2008 and 2010. Each song transforms the environment. These alterations attempt to convey objective (timbre, lyrics) and subjective (what I associate these songs with) aspects of each tune. The objects which occupy the space fit under two categories: those that I still possess and those that I do not. The former were not modeled per-se. Instead, they were scanned using a first-generation Kinect motion controller alongside a software application called Skanect. The other set of objects/furniture were roughly shaped from memory using Maya. All Houses Dream In Blueprints can be played on the Oculus Rift VR Headset, as well as Desktops (be warned, it is quite resource hungry at present). Finally, here is the list of songs featured in the game (title- artist – album):

Black and Brown Blues – Silver Jews – The Natural Bridge (Drag City, 1996)

Bring Me the Head of Paul McCartney on Heather Mill’s Wooden Peg – The Brian Jonestown Massacre – My Bloody Underground (A Records, 2008)

Jim – Swans – My Father Will Guide Me up a Rope to the Sky (Young God, 2010)

Poor Places – Wilco – Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (Nonesuch,  2001)

Say Valley Maker – Smog – A River Ain’t Too Much To Love (Drag City, 2005)

Doc2 Doc6

Doc8

download and play! (OSX build)