Weeklies are due before the start of class on Thursday. Your index page should have a section with a link to each weekly. Weekly P/F grades are posted here, if you want to dispute a P/F you are responsible for notifying the TA within two weeks.
WEEKLY 3 (DUE 10/19)
This week, as you design your portfolios or website, the readings are about internet aesthetics and alternatives. Consider these in contrast with Frank Chimero's essay from week 1.
WEEKLY 2 (DUE 10/12)
This week reflects on themes of network surveillance and identity online. While you are thinking about your portfolio/websites, consider how you would like to be seen. What do you want to highlight, what do you want to keep private?
WEEKLY 1 (DUE 10/5)
- Read Frank Chimero, What Screens Want.
- Create an index page to hold links to all your work this semester, and post online at your DMA user space.
- Create an additional HTML page to hold your first response, and link to it from your index page.
- First weekly response: Take an internet dérive through at least five links. Post the five links with a couple sentences that frame the journey by explaining the links relationship to each other.
- Place your index page and weekly page online and email a link to email@example.com.