Upload to the Miro board by Tuesday, Oct. 6th at start of class
Deconstruct and visualize a favorite park ride (theme park, water park, action park or amusement park) experience in a poster format using text and image.
The design should capture the essence of the experience or be reflective of one or more iconic aspects that make the ride memorable. Think about how the use of color, perspective, composition and expressive typography can add dimension, emotion and a sense of movement to your design.
Have FUN!! and bring the THRILLS!
- 24 x 36 – inch vertical poster format
- Must include some type of imagery of your own making, in any combination (illustration(s), photography, logo(s), abstract color).
- Must include original copywriting, in any amount, of your choosing (e.g. expressive, informational, promotional, etc).
- You may source photography or logos to work with, but you must affect/manipulate them in some fashion to make them your own in the design.
- You may produce the poster using any media or software you wish, so long as the final delivery format is a PDF of legible resolution.
- Do not deliver a commercial style advertisement (Marketing photo of the ride with the Park or Ride’s logo placed on the image). This assignment is to create an original, personal interpretation of the ride’s experience.
- Do not deliver a generic ride poster. For example, if your poster is about a roller coaster make it reflective of a specific roller coaster, not any roller coaster.
FILE NAME AND FORMATS
Create a PDF file for upload to the class Concept Board by the beginning of class.
Please use the following naming convention: (Your Name)_DMA154_Assign1 Poster.(extension)
FINAL FILES UPLOAD: CLASS WEBSITE
When you have completed your final version of the poster, please archive a copy of it on the class website (see website for upload instructions).