1. Behaviour & Interaction
– Use just two shapes: a circle and a line/rectangle.
– Define a type of behaviour for each shape (e.g. aggressive, flighty, ponderous, playful, jumpy, smooth, erratic, etc.)
– Design a storyboard for a 30 second animation in which one or more circles and lines express their behaviour and interact with each other at some point. In 6-8 drawings show the key points that describe the piece.
– Create a 30 second animated video based on the storyboard.
Assignment Due: Apr 25.
* EXERCISE: Audio & Image
– Select a 15 second section of music or sound effect.
– Using Audio to Keyframe, create a video that tightly synchronises two or more abstract shapes with the audio.
Finished Exercise Due: Apr 11
2. Midterm: Immersion
– Find one or two short videos that you think are good examples of the use of Immersive Room.
– Come up with concepts, words or a phrase to be animated.
– Create a background by using one (or more) photographs or create your own graphic or illustrated background image.
– Design a storyboard for a 30-60 second animation where the movement/behaviour of the type and the audio complements and enhances the meaning of the word or phrase.
– Create a 30-60 second animated video with audio.
Finished Assignment Due: May 16
3. Final Project: Bioluminescence
Create a 60 second projection mapped animation, with audio onto a sculptural form. Processes for creating this assignment will be explored in class.
Finished Assignment Due: June 8