Please see the Submission Guidelines for instructions on how to submit your assignments.
1. Behaviour & Interaction
Due date: 1/28, storyboard due 1/9
- Use just two shapes: a circle and a line/rectangle.
- Define a type of behaviour for each shape (e.g. aggressive, flighty, ponderous, playful, jumpy, smooth, erratic, etc.)
- Design a storyboard for a 30 second animation in which one or more circles and lines express their behaviour and interact with each other at some point. In 6-8 drawings show the key points that describe the piece.
- Create a 30 second animated video based on the storyboard.
** Exercise: Audio & Image
In class: 1/24
- Select a 15 second section of music or sound effect.
- Using Audio to Keyframe, create a video that tightly synchronizes two or more abstract shapes with the audio.
2. Midterm: Immersion
Due date: 3/3; storyboard review, present Inspirations 2/4
- Find one or two short videos that you think are good examples of the use of Immersive Room.
- Come up with concepts, words or a phrase to be animated.
- Create a background by using one (or more) photographs or create your own graphic or illustrated background image.
- Design a storyboard for a 30-60 second animation where the movement/behaviour of the type and the audio complements and enhances the meaning of the word or phrase.
- Create a 30-60 second animated video with audio.
3. Final Project: Bioluminescence
Due date: TBA (3/12); storyboard review, present Inspirations 2/18
- Create a 60 second projection mapped animation, with audio onto a sculptural form. Processes for creating this assignment will be explored in class.