Upload to the Miro board by Thursday, Jan. 7th at start of class
Deconstruct and visualize a memorable thrill ride in a poster format using expressive type and original imagery to convey the essence of the experience.
Your design might explore temporal aspects of the experience, or your emotional response (before, during or after). It could reflect sensory aspects of the physical experience—speed, movement, gravity, torque, wet, dry, hot, cold, dark, light, deafening roars or eerie silence. You might investigate the ride’s allure for you, or the nature of anticipation and hyperreality.
Think about how the use of color, perspective, composition and expressive typography can add dimension, emotion and a sense of movement to your composition. Have fun and bring the THRILLS!!
- 24 x 36 – Inch vertical poster
- Must include some type of imagery of your own making, in any combination: illustration(s), photography, pattern, modeling, etc
- Must include original copywriting, in any amount, of your choosing: expressive, editorial, commentary, informational, etc.
- You may source photography to work with, but you must alter/manipulate the photography in some fashion to make them your own.
- You may produce the poster using any media or software you wish, so long as the final delivery format i s a PDF of legible resolution.
FILE FOR CLASS CRITIQUE
Upload a PDF file to the class Assignment #1 Miro Board by the beginning of class.
FINAL FILES UPLOAD
When you have completed your final version of the poster, please archive a copy of it on the class website (see website for upload instructions).
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.